Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 20, 2011

The wonderful world of terrible 2's is coming to an end

In just a few short days I'll be the proud owner mother of a 3-year old!! I'm still not sure how that happened, but I'm guessing it had something to do with letting him sleep at night! Well, that and feeding him on the regular. 


In honor of his birthday here are photos of him on his birthday since he was born. (I'll add one from tomorrow after the festivities are over)  


This was the moment I realized I was screwed! Nixon was adorable and owned my heart from the minute he was born (well, after he was cleaned up...when he was slimy and gross it was kind of touch and go!)  He was 6pounds 14ounces of perfection! 
And I still remember almost murdering a nurse who refused to bring me a bottle of formula after Nixon's circumcision because he was too upset and hungry to latch onto me correctly and he hadn't eaten in over 6 hours! My very first "momma bear" moment.




On Nixon's first birthday he had a big birthday that weekend and spent the day with us. His new "pal" was Buck from Ice Age 3. 


We started our family tradition of Taco Bell on Nixon's birthday.  
















On Nixon's 2nd birthday, I scheduled a free photo session with a new photographer on the island. Nixon and I played on the beach and seawall at the exact moment of his birth. He was his lovely delightful self and I was basking in the glow of being his mother for two full years!


This year proved a trying one as Nixon developed mentally and emotionally plus verbally. I'd be willing to say Nixon spent over a month of his life in Time Out during this year! But for every exasperating moment he brought to me, he gave me a thousand joyous ones in return. 


Nixon says "i love you", "thank you", "please", "excuse me" (though this one is most recently followed by "shhh mommy be quiet"), "I got to dance" and "maybe...." whenever he decides he wants to do something. 






So thank you Nixon for 3 wonderful (and wickedly evil fast passing) years of motherhood. Thank you for teaching me patience, the true meaning of exhaustion, the smiles, the tears, the laughter and most of all, Nixon, thank you being you. 


I love you, and I'm really almost totally over those cracked ribs. I'd say 3 more years and I might stop bringing it up! 


Happy 3rd Birthday to the littlest love of my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment