Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 24, 2011

I am an ONLY CHILD

I have no siblings
In my house there are 3 at the dinner table,
mom, dad and me.

I have no one to compete with, 
no one to be compared to and no one to be bullied by,
in our home it's a bit quiet that's true.

I'm often told "you must be lonely", 
i find it odd because 
I have family, I have friends and I have other stuff I like to do, 
why would I be lonely?
Are you??

Mommy tells me I'm her favorite, 
and I know it's true
because besides daddy there's no one else for her to pick from
and I like it that way.

My friends have brothers and sisters,
and I like them okay, 
but if siblings are so great, why do they always want to come to my house to play?

Dad told me once, he and mom knew I was all they needed
as soon as they held me for the first time,
I made everything feel complete inside.
That made me feel good, all happy and warm.
Like I was the most perfect kid to have ever been born.

I like being an only child,
I don't care if some people think I'm lonely
or spoiled or anything else. 
My mom and dad are happy with me
and I'm happy with them.
And that's all we need!


**written for Nixon, because there are so few good positive messages that are for only children. I see lots of brothers/sisters poems and things, but nothing for or about an only child. It seemed wrong and I was inspired. I hope Nixon grows up believing these things! because he IS my favorite, he DOES complete us and we ARE happy as a family of 3!**

No comments:

Post a Comment