Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's been a bumpy ride, but baby without you it'd have been lonely

March 7th has come and gone, so another year of marriage is beginning. As someone, who once longed for marriage at the age of 18, I can honestly say I needed the right partner first.

Our marriage has been bumpy and challenging, but we overcame each obstacle and we're really and truly, better for it. I won't claim Mac is the love of my life, or my soul mate, and he's not my best friend but he has helped me create the one, true love of my life. He's helping me raise our son and while it's trying because we're not always on the same page I wouldn't want anyone else by my side.

I finally spoke to my mom today. It took 4 months of trying to call home before she finally picked up. It was a normal conversation with my mom. I love my mom, she's my mom afterall, but we are different entities and we've never really understood each other. My mom is a large reason that I tell Nixon "I love you" a thousand times a day. She's also a reason I talk to Mac and make sure we're okay. I've seen what she's gone through and I never want to be in her shoes.

Mac has been on leave for a week now. We've got another 7 days with him home and then it's work as usual. It's been nice having him home. It's been good for us. We've managed to reconnect and it feels good.

Last night, on our anniversary, I'd asked him if he has any regrets about us. Things he'd do differently, stuff like that. His answer was private, between the 2 of us, but the gist was he regrets what happened when he thought he'd never see me again. Silly boy....I was already in love with him and decided I needed to make sure he knew he was mine.
A month later, he knew and we are where we are now because of it.

I don't know how many years we'll have together. But I do know...he's not getting rid of me easy!

I love you, Cookie. Thank you for 3 years and can't wait to see what our future holds for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment