Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Not just a Mommy....

I think it's easy to forget I'm not just a mom. I spend so much of my time with Nixon and thinking about Nixon and worrying about Nixon, that sometimes it feels like I have nothing left for me. Well, thankfully, that's not true.

I've been working on losing weight/toning my body for over a month now. It's hard, especially the diet part. But it's been worth it. The first goal I was working towards was a boudoir photo shoot. That photo shoot took place this afternoon and thanks to a very talented photography, I looked amazing! I've only seen 4 pictures so far, but I'm in love with what I've seen so far.

I think, as wives and mothers, its very easy to forget we're women first. It's easy to wear the comfy sweats/jeans/tees. It's easy to pull your hair back in a ponytail. But sometimes it's really rewarding to step outside of the comfortable and just be a woman for a little bit. I know I had fun! I also have another, similar, photo shoot in the near future, so my hardwork isn't done yet. This next one will be a real pampering: hair/makeup and photos, all for free!! (Thanks to the 24 people who voted for me!)

The really rewarding part is knowing I'm taking better care of myself and reaping the rewards for the hardwork.

But because I am a mom, here's a little brag!

I, regretfully, turned Nixon's carseat to the forward facing position. His seat is only safe to rearface up to 36 inches. Nixon is now 35.75 inches tall. With shoes on he's 36 inches. So, today before driving the 30-45 minutes to pick up Mac, I switched his car seat. He was so talkative on the drive. He was saying "trees", "car", "dog" as well as working on some Spanish and Japanese words. You don't know cute until you hear Nixon working on saying "arigato"!

No comments:

Post a Comment